So if you click on the quick link, you’ll notice the original recipe calls for Salmon – not shrimp. But i am not a salmon person but RJ & I both thought the curry sounded like a good meal, so we just traded it out for shrimp since we had another meal we were using shrimp in.
4 servings, about 1 1/4 cups each
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Thai yellow curry paste, (see Shopping Tip on quick link) or 1 teaspoon curry powder, or to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium eggplant, (about 1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 14-ounce can “lite” coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fish sauce, (see Note on quick link)
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 pound skinned salmon fillet, preferably wild Pacific (see Note), cut into 1-inch pieces (We used 1 lb shrimp)
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
Again – this is an easy meal to prepare. I’m not usually the one who does the actual prep and cooking of our meals – but I made this meal (all but peeling the shrimp & chopping up the eggplant) this week. So it’s easy. Don’t be afraid of eggplant if you haven’t tried it, or cooked with it before. You’ll find it in the fresh produce area of your grocery store – and it is a purple color. It’s not hard to chop up – just treat it like you would squash or zucchini. You don’t have to clean seeds out or peel it – just chop it up!