Ingredients (& What we Changed)
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
dReJ Tip: We ended up only making this meal once this week a result of some unplanned family meet ups for dinner – so when we made this the first time, we split it in half, so technically we both had 1.5 servings. I would say that it felt like too many noodles and since we served it with Miso soup – i didn’t even up finishing my soup either.
- 8 ounces wide rice stick noodles (Banh Pho) (we used Rice Stick Noodles – not wide)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 3/4 cup (1-inch) sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
dReJ Say: This was another delicious Cooking Light recipe this week. Upon first bite RJ and I both nodded our heads in agreement: This is good!! I typically don’t like peanuts and usually avoid Pad Thai for that reason – but I just sprinkled a few on my meal and it was perfect. Another A+ meal.
Miso Soup: Look in your international aisle at the grocery store for a Miso soup packet, or you can go with a hot and sour, egg drop, etc – whatever your favorite is! Follow directions on packet!
Calories: Since we did 1.5 servings for our dinner portion – it rings up to about 514. Obviously if you put less peanuts, or cut back on the noodles that would even things out a bit!