Okay – have to admit, we failed on taking pictures of this one. Instead – you get a picture of RJ showing you how he felt about this dish.
In all seriousness – RJ really did like this stew. I have mixed feelings about it. It WAS good – but sort of sweet since it uses the Sweet Potatoes of course. And I just couldn’t eat the whole bowl of it. RJ on the other hand, really enjoyed it. He described it as more of a sweet/savory – and he obviously gives it a thumbs up. It’s strange because I am definitely the one with the sweet tooth, yet this just wasn’t the right kind of sweet for me.
All in all, I’ve give you this – it was a unique recipe and definitely something different to serve at a dinner party to get people talking!
Here’s the info!
6 servings (remember – to add extra calories if you make all 6 but are only eating it 4 times!)
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 5 hours 20 minutes (this goes in a slow cooker!)
bone-inchicken thighs, skin removed, trimmed of fat (we bought boneless chicken thighs to make it easier – you can also just use chicken breast if you aren’t into thighs)
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into spears
- 1/2 pound white button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6 large shallots, peeled and halved (you can also use an onion if you prefer)
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
Seriously – this one is easy, you just throw all the stuff in your crockpot and let it cook. So easy.