For those of you who might be in charge of the bird this year – here is the recipe we’re using for the stuffing. We are smoking our turkey – and if you haven’t ever done that before, we highly recommend it.
Cornbread & Sausage Stuffing (242 calories)
- 1 pound sweet Italian turkey sausage, (about 4 links), casings removed
- 2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped celery
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- We are cheating and just bought premade cornbread made for stuffing!
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 1/2-3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth