dReJ Say: Again – we are losers and didn’t take pics of this meal, but it really did look like the pic above as featured in Cooking Light. Honestly, it was hard to stop eating this meal long enough to take a picture – that’s how delicious it was.
Perfect meal to make ahead and reheat at work or later for dinner. Just be sure to add a few drops of water before you reheat in the microwave to keep it tasting good and not overcooked.
- 8 ounces uncooked penne
- 8 ounces
sweet Italian sausage(We used mild chicken sausage from the fresh meat section of our store)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup vertically sliced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/4 pounds tomatoes, chopped
- 6 tablespoons grated
fresh pecorino Romanocheese, divided (as usual, we used our KRAFT Shredded cheese – it’s an assortment of romano, asiago, and parmesan cheese. I swear, you can use this stuff all the time.)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves (We used basil in a tube – this should be in the same section with the herbs – it lasts longer but seems more fresh than the dried stuff)
Seriously – this is an easy dish to make. Nothing special – but the flavor is awesome. Definitely one we will make again in the future.
Calories: This rings in at 389 – if you change the type of meat you use, don’t forget to take that into account.