Total: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 1/2 cup orzo, 1 cutlet, and 2 tablespoons sauce)
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 4 (4-ounce) chicken cutlets (we just used chicken breasts here)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (again, just regular salt for us)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers
dReJ Say: It’s hard to go wrong with Chicken Piccata. Don’t go overboard on portions here if you don’t stick with the cutlet size! Capers are delicious – if you haven’t ever had them, go for it. I used to think they were scary seafood. Man, i was wrong 😉 They are like lemony goodness. Perfect in this pasta dish. Capers can be found with the canned olives in your grocery store.
Orzo is a super easy pasta to make. But of course if you want – pick a different pasta to serve this with.