Quick Link to recipe: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/quick_shrimp_enchilada_bake.html
- 1 pound peeled cooked shrimp, (see Ingredient Note), tails removed, diced
- 1 cup
frozen corn, thawedcorn (we used canned corn)
- 2 4-ounce cans chopped green chiles, (not drained)
- 2 cups canned
green enchilada sauce, or green salsa, dividedWe used red enchilada sauce
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 15-ounce can nonfat refried beans (we got the refried black beans)
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded cheese, such as Mexican-style cheese blend, Monterey Jack or Cheddar
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 lime, cut into wedges
dReJsay: This truly a quick and easy recipe. Perfect to make ahead and cook later, or reheat for lunch. It was tasty, and you could easily trade out shrimp for another type of meat or make it totally veggie. We had some extra avocado so we served the meal with a little slice of that on top. I also added a bit of green salsa on top of mine just because I love it so much.
We made all 8 servings since the calories were pretty low and we wanted to eat this as a hearty dinner. The servings were ample this way and we felt totally satisfied with no sides.
Per serving: 281 calories